Bhati report: Ukhand govt seeking legal help
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna Thursday said legal advice is being sought on the option of lodging an FIR against those named in Bhati Commission`s report on an alleged scam during the previous BJP government in the state.
"Whether or not an FIR is lodged on the basis of the recommendations of the Bhati panel would depend on what legal opinion we get in that regard," Bahuguna told reporters today.
The Commission has probed the alleged scam in the Uttarakhand Tarai and Seed Development Corporation in a transparent manner and its report is being examined, he said.
Ever since the probe panel`s report was tabled in the state assembly on March 19, BJP and the state government have been trading charges, with the opposition members questioning the legality of the panel while the ruling Congress demanding an FIR against those indicted in the report.
Congress has alleged that BJP legislators have been raising a hue and cry over the alleged SIDCUL land deals as the party is "afraid that it stands exposed" in the wake of the Bhati Commission report.
The Bhati Commission report on Uttarakhand Tarai Evam Beej Vikas Nigam Ltd scam was tabled in the House on March 19.
The panel was constituted last year by the Bahuguna government to look into more than half-a-dozen alleged scams during the previous BJP government in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round