Bhati`s resignation act of surrender before truth
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand unit of the BJP today termed K R Bhati`s resignation as the head of the commission looking into alleged scams during BJP rule as an act of surrender by the government before truth.
Attributing Bhati`s resignation to the pressure mounted by the opposition party inside and outside the state Assembly on the government, state BJP Chief Tirath Singh Rawat said the Bahuguna government had finally surrendered before truth and democratic forces.
BJP MLAs had alleged that the commission was constituted by Bhahuguna government in violation of the rules out of "political vendetta" against the party.
They had also questioned the justification of the probe panel`s report on alleged irregularities in Uttarakhand Tarai and Seed Development Corporation during BJP government in the state being tabled in the state Assembly saying it was leaked even before being laid in the House.
Hours after former Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank challenged his indictment by the panel on an alleged scam in TDC during his tenure, its chief former IAS officer K R Bhati submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna yesterday.
His resignation has been accepted by the CM who has handed over charge of the probe to another retired IAS officer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark