Bhati`s resignation act of surrender before truth
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand unit of the BJP today termed K R Bhati`s resignation as the head of the commission looking into alleged scams during BJP rule as an act of surrender by the government before truth.
Attributing Bhati`s resignation to the pressure mounted by the opposition party inside and outside the state Assembly on the government, state BJP Chief Tirath Singh Rawat said the Bahuguna government had finally surrendered before truth and democratic forces.
BJP MLAs had alleged that the commission was constituted by Bhahuguna government in violation of the rules out of "political vendetta" against the party.
They had also questioned the justification of the probe panel`s report on alleged irregularities in Uttarakhand Tarai and Seed Development Corporation during BJP government in the state being tabled in the state Assembly saying it was leaked even before being laid in the House.
Hours after former Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank challenged his indictment by the panel on an alleged scam in TDC during his tenure, its chief former IAS officer K R Bhati submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna yesterday.
His resignation has been accepted by the CM who has handed over charge of the probe to another retired IAS officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29