Bihar woman raped in Uttarakhand, accused arrested
Dehradun: A woman from Siwan in Bihar, who had come to the state to attend a marriage function, was allegedly raped by his husband`s friend in Udham Singh Nagar.
The accused Hari Shankar was arrested today and was booked for rape, police said.
The victim alleged that on February 27, the accused first met her in a market and then took her to a secluded place where she raped her, police said.
The woman, who had come to attend her sister-in-law`s marriage, informed police about the incident after the functions were over.
Victim`s medical examination has been conducted and the report is awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- GST: 1% additional tax dropped; states to get full compensation for first 5 years
- Did PCB chief Shaharyar Khan gift 'hijabs' to ECB's female staff? Here's the truth...
- Brie Larson admits she feared backlash for 'Captain Marvel' casting
- Karnataka bus strike called off but do you know how much it cost the exchequer?
- Terrorists planning to target PM Narendra Modi with drone on Independence Day?