Bihar woman raped in Uttarakhand, accused arrested
Dehradun: A woman from Siwan in Bihar, who had come to the state to attend a marriage function, was allegedly raped by his husband`s friend in Udham Singh Nagar.
The accused Hari Shankar was arrested today and was booked for rape, police said.
The victim alleged that on February 27, the accused first met her in a market and then took her to a secluded place where she raped her, police said.
The woman, who had come to attend her sister-in-law`s marriage, informed police about the incident after the functions were over.
Victim`s medical examination has been conducted and the report is awaited, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why