Bihar woman raped in Uttarakhand, accused arrested
Dehradun: A woman from Siwan in Bihar, who had come to the state to attend a marriage function, was allegedly raped by his husband`s friend in Udham Singh Nagar.
The accused Hari Shankar was arrested today and was booked for rape, police said.
The victim alleged that on February 27, the accused first met her in a market and then took her to a secluded place where she raped her, police said.
The woman, who had come to attend her sister-in-law`s marriage, informed police about the incident after the functions were over.
Victim`s medical examination has been conducted and the report is awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users