Bihar woman raped in Uttarakhand, accused arrested
Dehradun: A woman from Siwan in Bihar, who had come to the state to attend a marriage function, was allegedly raped by his husband`s friend in Udham Singh Nagar.
The accused Hari Shankar was arrested today and was booked for rape, police said.
The victim alleged that on February 27, the accused first met her in a market and then took her to a secluded place where she raped her, police said.
The woman, who had come to attend her sister-in-law`s marriage, informed police about the incident after the functions were over.
Victim`s medical examination has been conducted and the report is awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference