Bihar woman raped in Uttarakhand, accused arrested
Dehradun: A woman from Siwan in Bihar, who had come to the state to attend a marriage function, was allegedly raped by his husband`s friend in Udham Singh Nagar.
The accused Hari Shankar was arrested today and was booked for rape, police said.
The victim alleged that on February 27, the accused first met her in a market and then took her to a secluded place where she raped her, police said.
The woman, who had come to attend her sister-in-law`s marriage, informed police about the incident after the functions were over.
Victim`s medical examination has been conducted and the report is awaited, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional