Bikers killed as ambulance hits motorcycle
Dehradun: Two bikers were killed and another was critically injured when a speeding ambulance hit a motorcycle in the city`s Patel Nagar area, police said Wednesday.
The incident occurred late last night when the ambulance, taking some ailing girl students to a private nursing home, hit a motorcycle coming from the opposite direction, killing its driver and one of the two persons riding pillion on the spot, they said.
Both the vehicles were going at high speed which may have been the reason for the mishap, police said.
The injured has been admitted to a hospital where his condition is stated to be critical.
Search is on for the driver of the ambulance who fled immediately after the accident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj