BJP asks Uttarakhand govt to focus on development
Dehradun: Accusing the state government of failing to deliver during the past seven months in office, the BJP in Uttarakhand today threatened to hit the streets if immediate steps were not taken to bring back development on track and improve law and order.
"The state government has failed on all fronts in the past seven months. Law and order has hit an all time low with broad daylight heists becoming a regular feature," state BJP general secretary Suresh Joshi said in a statement here.
"Despite the rainy season having come to an end, the roads in the natural calamity hit districts of Uttarkashi are still cut off from the rest of the state," he said.
He said the BJP will launch a `Jan Andolan` (people`s movement) across the state if Bahuguna government failed to take immediate steps to redress the grievances of the people.
"Development has come to a grinding halt with broken roads and bridges, gloomy law and order scenario and the administrative machinery completely out of government`s control.
"If things don`t improve, people who have already expressed their anger against the state government by voting for the BJP in the Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll, will get desperate and come out on the streets in protest," Joshi said.
Asking the government to wake up before it was too late, he said if people`s expectations were not fulfilled the BJP will mobilise a mass movement against the Congress-led ruling coalition in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?
- Bihar to use WhatsApp to repair bad roads
- Oops! People in Belarus are getting naked at work – See pics
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual don't come under third gender; give reservation to transgenders: SC to Centre