BJP asks Uttarakhand govt to focus on development
Dehradun: Accusing the state government of failing to deliver during the past seven months in office, the BJP in Uttarakhand today threatened to hit the streets if immediate steps were not taken to bring back development on track and improve law and order.
"The state government has failed on all fronts in the past seven months. Law and order has hit an all time low with broad daylight heists becoming a regular feature," state BJP general secretary Suresh Joshi said in a statement here.
"Despite the rainy season having come to an end, the roads in the natural calamity hit districts of Uttarkashi are still cut off from the rest of the state," he said.
He said the BJP will launch a `Jan Andolan` (people`s movement) across the state if Bahuguna government failed to take immediate steps to redress the grievances of the people.
"Development has come to a grinding halt with broken roads and bridges, gloomy law and order scenario and the administrative machinery completely out of government`s control.
"If things don`t improve, people who have already expressed their anger against the state government by voting for the BJP in the Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll, will get desperate and come out on the streets in protest," Joshi said.
Asking the government to wake up before it was too late, he said if people`s expectations were not fulfilled the BJP will mobilise a mass movement against the Congress-led ruling coalition in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack