‘BJP challenge forced CM to camp in Sitarganj’
Dehradun: Opposition BJP candidate Prakash Pant today claimed that his party would emerge victorious in the by-election in Sitarganj from where Congress nominee and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna is seeking to enter the Assembly.
The results of the bypoll would be declared tomorrow.
Pant said the stiff challenge posed by the BJP forced Congress nominee and Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to camp in the constituency for a month.
"It has happened for the first time that a Chief Minister camped for nearly a month in the constituency leaving routine government work to ensure his win in the by-election. I think, this wa
s the first victory of BJP against Congress in Sitarganj," he told reporters here.
The BJP candidate said ever since he filed his nomination papers on June 13, Bahuguna did not leave Sitarganj area except for a couple of days.
"BJP would register a win in the by-election," Pant added.
Pant also alleged violation of election code of conduct during campaigning by Congress and said he had already apprised the Election Commission of various developments in this regard.
He alleged that the Congress government`s move to provide ownership rights on agricultural land to people was a farce as according to the Government`s Grant Act, 1895, land leased out to people automatically becomes theirs after a period of 30 years if they do not violate the lease conditions.
But he claimed that the people of the constituency have voted for BJP as they witnessed the developments, including resignation of the person they elected in the January 30 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials