BJP criticises Uttarakhand CM for going in chopper to Kedarnath
Dehradun: BJP on Tuesday criticised Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna for flying to Kedarnath in a chopper to pay obeisance at the Himalayan shrine, saying it was sheer waste of money.
"Had he (Bahuguna) gone by road, it would not just have been a lesser burden for the exchequer but would also have given him an idea of the facilities available for devotees on (the) way to the temple," Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Ajay Bhatt said.
Reminding Bahuguna of his recent statement advising his ministerial colleagues to fly less frequently as an austerity measure, Bhatt said the Chief Minister should practise this himself.
"Being the CM, he should lead by example. If he himself does not practise what he preaches how can he expect his cabinet colleagues to mend their ways," the BJP leader said.
As the sacred portals of Kedarnath were reopened today after their closure during winter, Bahuguna, accompanied by his sister Rita Bahuguna Joshi and his ministerial colleague Harak Singh Rawat, paid a visit to the shrine in a helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report