BJP criticises Uttarakhand CM for going in chopper to Kedarnath
Dehradun: BJP on Tuesday criticised Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna for flying to Kedarnath in a chopper to pay obeisance at the Himalayan shrine, saying it was sheer waste of money.
"Had he (Bahuguna) gone by road, it would not just have been a lesser burden for the exchequer but would also have given him an idea of the facilities available for devotees on (the) way to the temple," Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly Ajay Bhatt said.
Reminding Bahuguna of his recent statement advising his ministerial colleagues to fly less frequently as an austerity measure, Bhatt said the Chief Minister should practise this himself.
"Being the CM, he should lead by example. If he himself does not practise what he preaches how can he expect his cabinet colleagues to mend their ways," the BJP leader said.
As the sacred portals of Kedarnath were reopened today after their closure during winter, Bahuguna, accompanied by his sister Rita Bahuguna Joshi and his ministerial colleague Harak Singh Rawat, paid a visit to the shrine in a helicopter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees