BJP declares candidates for Uttarakhand
New Delhi: BJP on Friday declared its second list of candidates for the remaining seats of Uttarakhand and announced that its ally in the state Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) will contest two seats in the state.
After declaring its first list of 48 candidates for the
70-member Assembly last week, BJP today announced the names of
20 more candidates.
The list includes sitting MLAs Gopal Singh Rawat
(Gangotri), Asha Nautiyal (Kedarnath), Vijay Singh Panwar
(Pratapnagar), Kuldeep Singh (Vikasnagar), Prem Agarwal
(Rishikesh), Bansidhar Bhagat (Kaldungi), Diwan Singh Bhist
(Ramnagar) and Arvind Pandey (Dadarpur).
BJP Uttarakhand unit general secretary Dhan Singh Rawat
will contest from Srinagar in the state.
The BJP list includes three women, three Scheduled
Caste and one Scheduled Caste candidate.
The UKD candidates are Diwakar Bhatt (Devaprayag) and
Om Gopal Rawat (Narendranagar). Both are sitting MLAs and will
contest on BJP symbol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok