BJP declares candidates for Uttarakhand
New Delhi: BJP on Friday declared its second list of candidates for the remaining seats of Uttarakhand and announced that its ally in the state Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) will contest two seats in the state.
After declaring its first list of 48 candidates for the
70-member Assembly last week, BJP today announced the names of
20 more candidates.
The list includes sitting MLAs Gopal Singh Rawat
(Gangotri), Asha Nautiyal (Kedarnath), Vijay Singh Panwar
(Pratapnagar), Kuldeep Singh (Vikasnagar), Prem Agarwal
(Rishikesh), Bansidhar Bhagat (Kaldungi), Diwan Singh Bhist
(Ramnagar) and Arvind Pandey (Dadarpur).
BJP Uttarakhand unit general secretary Dhan Singh Rawat
will contest from Srinagar in the state.
The BJP list includes three women, three Scheduled
Caste and one Scheduled Caste candidate.
The UKD candidates are Diwakar Bhatt (Devaprayag) and
Om Gopal Rawat (Narendranagar). Both are sitting MLAs and will
contest on BJP symbol.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference