BJP declares candidates for Uttarakhand
New Delhi: BJP on Friday declared its second list of candidates for the remaining seats of Uttarakhand and announced that its ally in the state Uttarakhand Kranti Dal (UKD) will contest two seats in the state.
After declaring its first list of 48 candidates for the
70-member Assembly last week, BJP today announced the names of
20 more candidates.
The list includes sitting MLAs Gopal Singh Rawat
(Gangotri), Asha Nautiyal (Kedarnath), Vijay Singh Panwar
(Pratapnagar), Kuldeep Singh (Vikasnagar), Prem Agarwal
(Rishikesh), Bansidhar Bhagat (Kaldungi), Diwan Singh Bhist
(Ramnagar) and Arvind Pandey (Dadarpur).
BJP Uttarakhand unit general secretary Dhan Singh Rawat
will contest from Srinagar in the state.
The BJP list includes three women, three Scheduled
Caste and one Scheduled Caste candidate.
The UKD candidates are Diwakar Bhatt (Devaprayag) and
Om Gopal Rawat (Narendranagar). Both are sitting MLAs and will
contest on BJP symbol.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack