BJP demands resignation of Uttarakhand government
Dehradun: Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank on Thursday charged the Vijay Bahuguna government with shielding criminals and demanded immediate resignation of the Congress ministry.
Addressing media persons here, the BJP leader alleged that Congress government is supporting and shielding criminals.
Giving several instances of alliance between the Congress and criminals, the former CM alleged that the government is unable to arrest noted journalist Umesh Sharma despite of 14 criminal cases against him.
He also alleged that the government is making efforts to take back the cases filed by senior police officers and district collector against Sharma.
Nishank said that since the past one year the number of criminal cases in the state have increased, out of which 215 cases are of abduction of women and 174 cases of rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price