BJP demands resignation of Uttarakhand government
Dehradun: Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank on Thursday charged the Vijay Bahuguna government with shielding criminals and demanded immediate resignation of the Congress ministry.
Addressing media persons here, the BJP leader alleged that Congress government is supporting and shielding criminals.
Giving several instances of alliance between the Congress and criminals, the former CM alleged that the government is unable to arrest noted journalist Umesh Sharma despite of 14 criminal cases against him.
He also alleged that the government is making efforts to take back the cases filed by senior police officers and district collector against Sharma.
Nishank said that since the past one year the number of criminal cases in the state have increased, out of which 215 cases are of abduction of women and 174 cases of rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?