BJP demands resignation of Uttarakhand government
Dehradun: Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank on Thursday charged the Vijay Bahuguna government with shielding criminals and demanded immediate resignation of the Congress ministry.
Addressing media persons here, the BJP leader alleged that Congress government is supporting and shielding criminals.
Giving several instances of alliance between the Congress and criminals, the former CM alleged that the government is unable to arrest noted journalist Umesh Sharma despite of 14 criminal cases against him.
He also alleged that the government is making efforts to take back the cases filed by senior police officers and district collector against Sharma.
Nishank said that since the past one year the number of criminal cases in the state have increased, out of which 215 cases are of abduction of women and 174 cases of rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India