BJP demands resignation of Uttarakhand government
Dehradun: Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank on Thursday charged the Vijay Bahuguna government with shielding criminals and demanded immediate resignation of the Congress ministry.
Addressing media persons here, the BJP leader alleged that Congress government is supporting and shielding criminals.
Giving several instances of alliance between the Congress and criminals, the former CM alleged that the government is unable to arrest noted journalist Umesh Sharma despite of 14 criminal cases against him.
He also alleged that the government is making efforts to take back the cases filed by senior police officers and district collector against Sharma.
Nishank said that since the past one year the number of criminal cases in the state have increased, out of which 215 cases are of abduction of women and 174 cases of rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!