BJP for action against Uttarakhand CM for Model Code violation
Dehradun: Main opposition BJP in Uttarakhand on Thursday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission seeking action against Chief Minister Harish Rawat for alleged violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
In a letter to the Chief Election Officer, state BJP General Secretary Prakash Pant alleged that Rawat used an official chopper recently to visit Kumaon region in connection with a party programme without taking EC`s permission terming it as violation of the Model Code.
"He performed no official duty during his visit to Kumaon like reviewing government projects under way in the region. He toured the region as part of his party`s programme. Using a government helicopter for a purely political purpose that too without the consent of the Commission is violation of the Model Code, Pant said, demanding immediate action against the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room