BJP for action against Uttarakhand CM for Model Code violation
Dehradun: Main opposition BJP in Uttarakhand on Thursday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission seeking action against Chief Minister Harish Rawat for alleged violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
In a letter to the Chief Election Officer, state BJP General Secretary Prakash Pant alleged that Rawat used an official chopper recently to visit Kumaon region in connection with a party programme without taking EC`s permission terming it as violation of the Model Code.
"He performed no official duty during his visit to Kumaon like reviewing government projects under way in the region. He toured the region as part of his party`s programme. Using a government helicopter for a purely political purpose that too without the consent of the Commission is violation of the Model Code, Pant said, demanding immediate action against the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'