BJP for change of guard in Uttarakhand?
Dehra Dun: Ahead of the assembly elections
due in the next few months, speculation is rife in
Uttarakhand unit of ruling BJP tonight about a change of guard
in the wake of a series of alleged scams facing the government.
BJP sources here said Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
Nishank, former chief ministers Bhuvan Chand Khanduri and
Bhagat Singh Koshiyari, along with a host of other leaders,
have been invited to New Delhi by BJP amid reports that
Nishank would be replaced.
Both Khanduri and Koshiyari are not ready to contest
elections under the leadership of Nishank, the sources said.
When contacted, state BJP President Bishan Singh Chufal,
however, said he has no knowledge of any change of guard in
Nishank is facing opposition from a section of the party
Recently, senior BJP leader and former Tourism Minister
TPS Rawat, a Khanduri loyalist, quit BJP on the issue of
alleged corruption scandals in the state.
Significantly, both Khanduri and Koshiyari have conveyed
to the party high command their displeasure over the current
status of the party especially in view of a series of the
A few months ago, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari had met
Nishank, Khanduri and Koshiyari in New Delhi in his bid to
resolve the factional feud in Uttarakhand unit of the party
and asked them to remain united in the state.
The party is currently divided into three main camps of
Nishank, Khanduri and Koshiyari.
The sources said Khanduri and Koshiyari have joined
hands for the time being despite their political differences
during the past few years.
Koshiyari had openly opposed Khanduri when he was being
appointed as Chief Minister after the 2007 assembly elections.
Khanduri had been holding meetings of top party leaders
at his residence in an apparent show of strength.
But all the party legislators distanced themselves from
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested