BJP gives notice of no-trust motion against Rawat govt
Dehradun: With ministers in Uttarakhand without portfolios even a fortnight after they were sworn-in, the BJP on Monday gave a notice of no-confidence motion against the state government in the assembly, saying non-distribution of departments was hampering development works.
Heated exchanges between Leader of the Opposition Ajay Bhatt, who gave the notice for a no-trust motion, and Chief Minister Harish Rawat took place over the issue in the House.
Soon after the House assembled for the day, Bhatt gave the notice saying non-allocation of portfolios was not only hampering development works but also making the state a butt of mockery for rest of the country.
Demanding that his notice be admitted and a debate on it allowed in the House, the BJP leader said members of the Rawat ministry were expressing resentment over non-distribution of portfolios.
Bhatt said it appeared the portfolios were not being allocated to ministers due to a sense of insecurity in the government.
At a time when the state government should have devoted its energies on relief and rehabilitation works in flood-hit areas, it had not even been able to assign the departments to its ministers, he said.
Taking strong exception to charges hurled by the Leader of Opposition at the government, Rawat said non-allocation of portfolios was in now way affecting the rehabilitation work in affected areas.
When the state had been recovering from the effects of the June calamity due to government`s efforts, the Opposition had chosen to destabilise it by bringing in a no-trust motion, Rawat said.
The Chief Minister said he would go to people and expose the Opposition`s hidden motives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- India thump Pakistan to enter final of Asian Snooker team championship
- Tata Steel says yet to shortlist bidder for UK plant
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Good news! EPFO finally gets govt nod to raise insurance cover of subscribers to Rs 6 lakh
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research