BJP in favour of creating Kashipur district
Dehra Dun: With the demand for new districts gaining ground in Uttarakhand following the announcement of four new districts by Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, the ruling BJP on Thursday said it only favoured Kashipur as the
fifth new district.
Nishank, during his Independence Day speech, had announced the formation of four new districts Ranikhet, Didihaat, Kotdwar and Yamunotri -- that has triggered demands for nearly 20 more districts in the state.
At present, the state has 13 districts.
"As of now, only the demand for creation of Kashipur as the new district is genuine," BJP state President Bishan Singh Chufal said.
"Yes, you may see the new district before the elections," said Chufal when asked if Kashipur`s creation would be announced before the state Assembly elections due early next year.
Referring to the demarcation process of the new districts, Chufal said the process has already started and the District Magistrates (DMs) have been asked to finish the formalities in one month`s time.
The BJP was fully prepared for the Assembly elections and would win at least 50 out of the 70 seats, he claimed.
On the issue of senior BJP leader Lt Gen (retd) TPS Rawat`s exit from the party, Chufual said that the final decision regarding his expulsion has to be taken by the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway