BJP in favour of creating Kashipur district
Dehra Dun: With the demand for new districts gaining ground in Uttarakhand following the announcement of four new districts by Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, the ruling BJP on Thursday said it only favoured Kashipur as the
fifth new district.
Nishank, during his Independence Day speech, had announced the formation of four new districts Ranikhet, Didihaat, Kotdwar and Yamunotri -- that has triggered demands for nearly 20 more districts in the state.
At present, the state has 13 districts.
"As of now, only the demand for creation of Kashipur as the new district is genuine," BJP state President Bishan Singh Chufal said.
"Yes, you may see the new district before the elections," said Chufal when asked if Kashipur`s creation would be announced before the state Assembly elections due early next year.
Referring to the demarcation process of the new districts, Chufal said the process has already started and the District Magistrates (DMs) have been asked to finish the formalities in one month`s time.
The BJP was fully prepared for the Assembly elections and would win at least 50 out of the 70 seats, he claimed.
On the issue of senior BJP leader Lt Gen (retd) TPS Rawat`s exit from the party, Chufual said that the final decision regarding his expulsion has to be taken by the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’