BJP leader arrested for molesting girl
Gopeshwar: A local BJP leader has been arrested in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand for allegedly molesting a teenage girl about a fortnight ago, police said here on Saturday.
The leader, Ram Prasad Sati, had offered the girl a lift in his car while she was going from Pokhri Bazar to Devar area of Chamoli on January 14, father of the 15-year-old girl has alleged in his complaint.
Sati, who is general secretary of the BJP`s Pokhri Tehsil unit, was arrested from Devasthan yesterday, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what