BJP leader arrested for molesting girl
Gopeshwar: A local BJP leader has been arrested in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand for allegedly molesting a teenage girl about a fortnight ago, police said here on Saturday.
The leader, Ram Prasad Sati, had offered the girl a lift in his car while she was going from Pokhri Bazar to Devar area of Chamoli on January 14, father of the 15-year-old girl has alleged in his complaint.
Sati, who is general secretary of the BJP`s Pokhri Tehsil unit, was arrested from Devasthan yesterday, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"