BJP leader arrested for molesting girl
Gopeshwar: A local BJP leader has been arrested in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand for allegedly molesting a teenage girl about a fortnight ago, police said here on Saturday.
The leader, Ram Prasad Sati, had offered the girl a lift in his car while she was going from Pokhri Bazar to Devar area of Chamoli on January 14, father of the 15-year-old girl has alleged in his complaint.
Sati, who is general secretary of the BJP`s Pokhri Tehsil unit, was arrested from Devasthan yesterday, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'