BJP leader Bachi Singh Rawat resigns from party posts
Dehradun: Sore over his name not figuring in the list of probable candidates for Nainital Lok Sabha seat, senior BJP leader and former Union minister Bachi Singh Rawat today resigned from all party posts.
"Removal of my name from the panel of candidates for the seat sent for approval by BJP central leadership despite the decision of the state parliamentary board is injustice and against the ideologies of the party," he said.
Rawat was a member of the state parliamentary board which had made the list of probable candidates for the five Lok Sabha seats from the state.
The former state party chief said that making changes in the list once it was decided by the state parliamentary board was undemocratic.
He said that he came to know about this when he approached the party high command to claim his nomination for the seat.
He said that he tried to contact state BJP president Tirath Singh Rawat but when he did not answer his phone call he faxed his resignation letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon