BJP leader Bachi Singh Rawat resigns from party posts
Dehradun: Sore over his name not figuring in the list of probable candidates for Nainital Lok Sabha seat, senior BJP leader and former Union minister Bachi Singh Rawat today resigned from all party posts.
"Removal of my name from the panel of candidates for the seat sent for approval by BJP central leadership despite the decision of the state parliamentary board is injustice and against the ideologies of the party," he said.
Rawat was a member of the state parliamentary board which had made the list of probable candidates for the five Lok Sabha seats from the state.
The former state party chief said that making changes in the list once it was decided by the state parliamentary board was undemocratic.
He said that he came to know about this when he approached the party high command to claim his nomination for the seat.
He said that he tried to contact state BJP president Tirath Singh Rawat but when he did not answer his phone call he faxed his resignation letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch