BJP leader Bachi Singh Rawat resigns from party posts
Dehradun: Sore over his name not figuring in the list of probable candidates for Nainital Lok Sabha seat, senior BJP leader and former Union minister Bachi Singh Rawat today resigned from all party posts.
"Removal of my name from the panel of candidates for the seat sent for approval by BJP central leadership despite the decision of the state parliamentary board is injustice and against the ideologies of the party," he said.
Rawat was a member of the state parliamentary board which had made the list of probable candidates for the five Lok Sabha seats from the state.
The former state party chief said that making changes in the list once it was decided by the state parliamentary board was undemocratic.
He said that he came to know about this when he approached the party high command to claim his nomination for the seat.
He said that he tried to contact state BJP president Tirath Singh Rawat but when he did not answer his phone call he faxed his resignation letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US