BJP leader suspects Congress role in controversial CDs
Shimla: With the Himachal government under
attack from Congress on CD issue involving Chief Minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal, a senior BJP leader on Saturday came in strong defence
of the CM and blamed the opposition party for the controversy.
"This (surfacing of CDs against Dhumal and BJP MP
Virendra Kashyap) appears to be work of Congress leaders to
derail the investigation against its leader and Union Minister
Virbhadra Singh in a CD case released against him in 2007,
which is in advance stage now," Jain told reporters.
The controversial CDs surfaced recently purportedly
contain the voice of Dhumal ordering tapping of Virbhadra
Singh`s phone and a videotape allegedly showing a BJP MP
Describing the CDs as "doctored", Jain, convenor of BJP
national legal cell, claimed there was no scope to lodge FIR
in the case as nobody has come forward to claim proprietary of
Jain alleged that Singh appointed HP cadre IPS officer
A P Singh, who was investigating CD case against him, as his
personal staff in the Union ministry with the sole intention
to "derail" the investigation against him in a graft case.
The union minister, later in the day, denied knowing
that A P Singh was probing his case and said he appointed him
only on the basis of merit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'