BJP leaders demand withdrawal of case against party MLA
Dehradun: A delegation of senior BJP leaders on Friday met Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, demanding withdrawal of a case against party MLA Rajkumar Thukral in connection with the 2011 communal riots in Rudrapur.
The delegation, which included former Chief Ministers B C Khanduri, Bhagat Singh Koshiyari and Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank, said the case against the Rudrapur MLA was "inspired by political vendetta" and demanded its immediate withdrawal.
The FIR lodged in the case seven months ago had no mention of Thukral, whereas another filed in the case recently has named him as an accused, they said.
Even the timing of the riots mentioned in the two FIRs are different, they claimed, adding it was enough to indicate that the case was fabricated and the MLA had been framed.
Bahuguna assured them that the facts of the case will be examined and nothing illegal would be allowed to happen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more