BJP MLA makes way for Congress CM Bahuguna
Dehradun: BJP MLA Kiran Mandal on Wednesday resigned from the Assembly to enable Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to contest from his Sitarganj seat.
"Mr Mandal this evening handed over the resignation to me at my residence," said Assembly Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal.
In his resignation letter, Mandal said he was resigning "in the larger interest of his constituency".
Kunjawal said he has accepted the resignation with immediate effect on the request of Mandal.
PCC chief Yashpal Arya and other senior Congress leaders were present at the residence of Kunjwal when Mandal handed over the resignation.
Mandal told the Speaker that there were lot of problems related to Sitarganj constituency like land ownership rights to Bengalis and opening of new schools and colleges.
All these issues are expected to be addressed by the new Congress government, Mandal said.
Mandal also said he has urged Bahuguna to contest from Sitarganj seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere