BJP MLA makes way for Congress CM Bahuguna
Dehradun: BJP MLA Kiran Mandal on Wednesday resigned from the Assembly to enable Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna to contest from his Sitarganj seat.
"Mr Mandal this evening handed over the resignation to me at my residence," said Assembly Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal.
In his resignation letter, Mandal said he was resigning "in the larger interest of his constituency".
Kunjawal said he has accepted the resignation with immediate effect on the request of Mandal.
PCC chief Yashpal Arya and other senior Congress leaders were present at the residence of Kunjwal when Mandal handed over the resignation.
Mandal told the Speaker that there were lot of problems related to Sitarganj constituency like land ownership rights to Bengalis and opening of new schools and colleges.
All these issues are expected to be addressed by the new Congress government, Mandal said.
Mandal also said he has urged Bahuguna to contest from Sitarganj seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’