BJP MLA sent to judicial custody
Dehradun: A BJP MLA was remanded in 14 days judicial custody by a court in Haldwani in a case of criminal abetment during a protest demonstration in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, official sources said here on Friday.
Arvind Pandey, the MLA from Gadarpur, was sent to 14 days in judicial custody by Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla after he surrendered in her court, which held him guilty of instigating a protesting crowd to block the highway near Kalasiya bridge and disrupt traffic, the sources said.
The MLA had ignored several NBWs served on him in the case since 2008 and the court had recently issued orders to attach his property if he evaded arrest and refused to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends