BJP MLA sent to judicial custody
Dehradun: A BJP MLA was remanded in 14 days judicial custody by a court in Haldwani in a case of criminal abetment during a protest demonstration in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, official sources said here on Friday.
Arvind Pandey, the MLA from Gadarpur, was sent to 14 days in judicial custody by Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla after he surrendered in her court, which held him guilty of instigating a protesting crowd to block the highway near Kalasiya bridge and disrupt traffic, the sources said.
The MLA had ignored several NBWs served on him in the case since 2008 and the court had recently issued orders to attach his property if he evaded arrest and refused to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!