BJP MLA sent to judicial custody
Dehradun: A BJP MLA was remanded in 14 days judicial custody by a court in Haldwani in a case of criminal abetment during a protest demonstration in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, official sources said here on Friday.
Arvind Pandey, the MLA from Gadarpur, was sent to 14 days in judicial custody by Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla after he surrendered in her court, which held him guilty of instigating a protesting crowd to block the highway near Kalasiya bridge and disrupt traffic, the sources said.
The MLA had ignored several NBWs served on him in the case since 2008 and the court had recently issued orders to attach his property if he evaded arrest and refused to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred