BJP MLA sent to judicial custody
Dehradun: A BJP MLA was remanded in 14 days judicial custody by a court in Haldwani in a case of criminal abetment during a protest demonstration in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, official sources said here on Friday.
Arvind Pandey, the MLA from Gadarpur, was sent to 14 days in judicial custody by Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla after he surrendered in her court, which held him guilty of instigating a protesting crowd to block the highway near Kalasiya bridge and disrupt traffic, the sources said.
The MLA had ignored several NBWs served on him in the case since 2008 and the court had recently issued orders to attach his property if he evaded arrest and refused to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month