BJP MLA sent to judicial custody
Dehradun: A BJP MLA was remanded in 14 days judicial custody by a court in Haldwani in a case of criminal abetment during a protest demonstration in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, official sources said here on Friday.
Arvind Pandey, the MLA from Gadarpur, was sent to 14 days in judicial custody by Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla after he surrendered in her court, which held him guilty of instigating a protesting crowd to block the highway near Kalasiya bridge and disrupt traffic, the sources said.
The MLA had ignored several NBWs served on him in the case since 2008 and the court had recently issued orders to attach his property if he evaded arrest and refused to surrender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt