BJP MP suspended from party
Shimla: BJP MP from Kangra in Himachal
Pradesh Rajan Sushant was on Sunday suspended from the primary
membership of the party for "anti-party" activities.
The decision to suspend Sushant was taken by the BJP
Parliamentary Board, the party`s highest decision making body
presided by L K Advani, party spokesman Ganesh Dutt said.
The Board also decided to suspend him from the
Parliamentary Party, he said.
"The party gave him a long rope but he continued with his
anti-BJP tirade and did not miss even a single opportunity to
embarrass the party government in the state," he said.
Sushant also formed the "Himachal Adhikar Manch", overtly
a non-political anti-corruption front in July last year to
sharpen his attack.
The state BJP had recommended action against him in April
State party leaders were in favour of immediate action
against him but due to Assembly elections in five states, the
central leadership could not take a call on the issue.
The state BJP had earlier suspended him from party
executive but could not take any other action as he was member
of the Parliamentary Party.
Differences between Sushant and state party leadership
started widening after the BJP high command refused ticket to
his wife from Jwali Vidhan Sabha seat, vacated by him after
his election to Lok Sabha in may 2009.
The BJP lost the by-election, even though the ticket was
given to one of Sushant`s loyalists but the episode created
deep fissures in the party.
Known for his fire brand nature and indomitable spirit,
Sushant`s suspension, ahead of Assembly polls may not augur
well for the party in the state, especially in the biggest
Kangra district, accounting for 15 out of 68 seats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed