BJP MP suspended from party
Shimla: BJP MP from Kangra in Himachal
Pradesh Rajan Sushant was on Sunday suspended from the primary
membership of the party for "anti-party" activities.
The decision to suspend Sushant was taken by the BJP
Parliamentary Board, the party`s highest decision making body
presided by L K Advani, party spokesman Ganesh Dutt said.
The Board also decided to suspend him from the
Parliamentary Party, he said.
"The party gave him a long rope but he continued with his
anti-BJP tirade and did not miss even a single opportunity to
embarrass the party government in the state," he said.
Sushant also formed the "Himachal Adhikar Manch", overtly
a non-political anti-corruption front in July last year to
sharpen his attack.
The state BJP had recommended action against him in April
State party leaders were in favour of immediate action
against him but due to Assembly elections in five states, the
central leadership could not take a call on the issue.
The state BJP had earlier suspended him from party
executive but could not take any other action as he was member
of the Parliamentary Party.
Differences between Sushant and state party leadership
started widening after the BJP high command refused ticket to
his wife from Jwali Vidhan Sabha seat, vacated by him after
his election to Lok Sabha in may 2009.
The BJP lost the by-election, even though the ticket was
given to one of Sushant`s loyalists but the episode created
deep fissures in the party.
Known for his fire brand nature and indomitable spirit,
Sushant`s suspension, ahead of Assembly polls may not augur
well for the party in the state, especially in the biggest
Kangra district, accounting for 15 out of 68 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM