BJP protests over murder accused woman`s links with minister
Dehradun: Opposition BJP on Wednesday burnt the effigy of the state government demanding the dismissal of Harak Singh Rawat from Bahuguna`s cabinet and a CBI probe into the minister`s alleged links with a woman arrested for the killing of his former private secretary Yudhvir Singh.
BJP workers gathered at the busy Ghanta Ghar chawk here and shouted slogans in support of their demands. Later, they burnt an effigy of the government accusing it of suppressing the matter to shield the minister.
Similar protest demonstrations by BJP workers were witnessed in other parts of the state as well.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat had announced on Tuesday that the party will agitate in support of its twin demands from the streets to the state assembly till they are conceded.
A woman named Sudha Patwal who was arrested recently for allegedly plotting the murder of Rawat`s former private secretary created a flutter in political circles here after she told police that she was close to the minister and was arrested from his residence.
Though Rawat has denied links with the woman saying he knew her only as a party worker, BJP has intensified its tirade against the government demanding the minister`s ouster from cabinet and a CBI probe into his alleged links with a murder accused.
According to police, the woman has been charged with plotting the murder of Singh over a dispute that erupted between them over an amount of Rs 14 lakh that they had taken from a man seeking admission in an MBBS course.
"As per the woman`s statement to police, both she and the deceased were close to the minister who also holds the portfolio of medical education besides agriculture. It is enough indication that corrupt practices flourished under his nose, " the BJP chief told reporters here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof