BJP sponsoring protest against U`khand minister: Congress
Dehradun: The ruling Congress on Sunday accused BJP in Uttarakhand of sponsoring protests against state party chief and Minister Yashpal Arya during his visit to parts of Pithoragarh district to take stock of the situation there in the wake of the recent calamity.
Arya, who is also state Disaster Management Minister, had to face the anger of affected people in Pithoragarh when he went there recently to review relief operations underway.
Alleging that the protests against Arya had been sponsored by the BJP to defame the party in power, PCC spokesman Dhirendra Paratap said the Congress will not allow the opposition party to succeed in its "gameplan".
"Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and the PCC chief are working day and night for the welfare of crisis ridden people of Uttarakhand.
"Doing politics in times like these for cheap gains is something only BJP can do," Pratap said.
He said those protesting Arya`s visit were not flood victims but a handful of people creating nuisance at the behest of the opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test