BJP sponsoring protest against U`khand minister: Congress
Dehradun: The ruling Congress on Sunday accused BJP in Uttarakhand of sponsoring protests against state party chief and Minister Yashpal Arya during his visit to parts of Pithoragarh district to take stock of the situation there in the wake of the recent calamity.
Arya, who is also state Disaster Management Minister, had to face the anger of affected people in Pithoragarh when he went there recently to review relief operations underway.
Alleging that the protests against Arya had been sponsored by the BJP to defame the party in power, PCC spokesman Dhirendra Paratap said the Congress will not allow the opposition party to succeed in its "gameplan".
"Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna and the PCC chief are working day and night for the welfare of crisis ridden people of Uttarakhand.
"Doing politics in times like these for cheap gains is something only BJP can do," Pratap said.
He said those protesting Arya`s visit were not flood victims but a handful of people creating nuisance at the behest of the opposition party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth