BJP to go to people over SIDCUL land scam
Dehradun: The BJP in Uttarakhand today decided to go to people`s court over an alleged scam in SIDCUL land deals which, it alleged, were intended to benefit real estate firms and land mafia.
The party`s Pradesh Council passed a resolution to this effect at its meeting here which saw former state BJP chief Bishan Singh Chufal formally handing over charge of the state unit to its newly-appointed president Tirath Singh Rawat.
"We have to go to the people and make them aware of the large-scale scam in SIDCUL land deals clinched to benefit real estate firms and the land mafia," the resolution said.
The party also vowed to make people aware of the "politics" behind the tabling of the Bhati Commission report in the state assembly.
It said the tabling of the report on an alleged scam in Uttarakhand Seed and Tarai Development Corporation during the previous BJP regime was politically-motivated.
Terming the Bhati panel`s report as a ""pack of lies", BJP leaders said it was tabled in the House because the state government was rattled by the vociferous demand of BJP members for a CBI probe into SIDCUL land deals.
The meeting appealed to party workers to iron out their differences to brace up for the coming civic polls in the state and 2014 general elections.
The meeting was attended by BJP national general secretary Ram Lal and former Uttarakhand Chief Ministers B C Khanduri, Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank and B C Koshiyari among others.
The recently-concluded budget session of Uttarakhand Assembly witnessed prolonged disruptions by BJP members who insisted on a CBI probe into what they alleged a Rs 1000 crore scam in SIDCUL land deals at Pantnagar and Haridwar.
They also questioned the justification and timing of the tabling of the Bhati Commission report on the floor of the House alleging it was leaked even before it was laid in the state assembly.
Rawat yesterday said the probe panel report was tabled in the House as BJP members were in no mood to give up their demand for a CBI probe into SIDCUL land deals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory