BJP to set up coordination committees in U`khand
Dehradun: Setting its eye on the 2012
Assembly elections in Uttarakhand, the BJP on Tuesday decided to
set up committees for better coordination between the party
organisation and the government in the state.
Announcing the decision at the end of two-day state
council and executive meeting here, state BJP President Bishan
Singh Chufal told reporters that coordination committees would
soon be set up at the state as well as district levels.
While the state-level coordination committee would have
15 members, the district-level bodies would comprise seven
members, Chufal said.
Such committees would help coordinate between the party
workers and leaders in the government, he said.
He said the executive sought extension of industrial
package as well as free power in lieu of closure of hydropower
projects on Ganga, for Uttarakhand.
Through another resolution, the party also urged the
Union government to provide special financial assistance for
launching developmental schemes in the border areas with an
aim to check migration from there, Chufal said.
Several senior party leaders, including L K Advani,
party`s Vice Presidents Najma Heptullah and B S Koshiyari,
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank, attended the two-day
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know