BJP walkout in Uttarakhand Assembly
Dehra Dun: Accusing the Centre of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Uttarakhand in granting financial assistance, opposition BJP on Wednesday staged a walkout in the Uttarakhand Assembly.
BJP members including former Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Ajay Bhatt alleged that the state was not getting grants from the Centre on a 90:10 ratio as it should have under the special category status accorded to it.
Planning Minister Dinesh Agrawal, however, said Uttarakhand was still enjoying special category status and that the Centre was providing all grants and incentives to it.
Nishank said that during previous BJP regime, the matter was pursued with the Centre but it yielded no result.
BJP members also alleged that the Concessional Industrial Package (CIP) given by the NDA government to Uttarakhand was withdrawn by the Centre due to its "step-motherly" attitude and the present Congress government is not making any efforts for its revival.
Later, the BJP members staged a walkout.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane