BJP walkout in Uttarakhand Assembly
Dehra Dun: Accusing the Centre of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Uttarakhand in granting financial assistance, opposition BJP on Wednesday staged a walkout in the Uttarakhand Assembly.
BJP members including former Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Ajay Bhatt alleged that the state was not getting grants from the Centre on a 90:10 ratio as it should have under the special category status accorded to it.
Planning Minister Dinesh Agrawal, however, said Uttarakhand was still enjoying special category status and that the Centre was providing all grants and incentives to it.
Nishank said that during previous BJP regime, the matter was pursued with the Centre but it yielded no result.
BJP members also alleged that the Concessional Industrial Package (CIP) given by the NDA government to Uttarakhand was withdrawn by the Centre due to its "step-motherly" attitude and the present Congress government is not making any efforts for its revival.
Later, the BJP members staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II