BJP walkout in Uttarakhand Assembly
Dehra Dun: Accusing the Centre of meting out "step-motherly" treatment to Uttarakhand in granting financial assistance, opposition BJP on Wednesday staged a walkout in the Uttarakhand Assembly.
BJP members including former Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Ajay Bhatt alleged that the state was not getting grants from the Centre on a 90:10 ratio as it should have under the special category status accorded to it.
Planning Minister Dinesh Agrawal, however, said Uttarakhand was still enjoying special category status and that the Centre was providing all grants and incentives to it.
Nishank said that during previous BJP regime, the matter was pursued with the Centre but it yielded no result.
BJP members also alleged that the Concessional Industrial Package (CIP) given by the NDA government to Uttarakhand was withdrawn by the Centre due to its "step-motherly" attitude and the present Congress government is not making any efforts for its revival.
Later, the BJP members staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan