BJP will form govt in Uttarakhand: Ananth Kumar
New Delhi: Despite falling short of numbers
in Uttarakhand, BJP today claimed that it will form the next
government in the hill state.
"We will play Holi in Uttarakhand...Congress will not be
able to form government there," BJP general secretary Ananth
Kumar told reporters here.
With either of the two parties not getting a majority,
suspense continues over the government formation in
Uttarakhand as both Congress and BJP made efforts to woo
Independents and BSP legislators in their bid to muster the
Congress enjoys an edge having got 32 seats against 31 of
BJP in the 70-member Assembly where BJP was so far in power.
Kumar claimed that with party forming government in Goa
and retaining power in Punjab with its ally SAD, BJP had
started celebrating the festival of colours from March 6
itself when results to five assembly polls were declared.
BJP veteran L K Advani, meanwhile, at `Holi milan`
programme at his residence, said there is no similar festival
like this when people of all strata of society join together
and share the fun.
"Few countries in the world have similar festivals which
can be used to spread happiness...," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview