BJP will form govt in Uttarakhand: Ananth Kumar
New Delhi: Despite falling short of numbers
in Uttarakhand, BJP today claimed that it will form the next
government in the hill state.
"We will play Holi in Uttarakhand...Congress will not be
able to form government there," BJP general secretary Ananth
Kumar told reporters here.
With either of the two parties not getting a majority,
suspense continues over the government formation in
Uttarakhand as both Congress and BJP made efforts to woo
Independents and BSP legislators in their bid to muster the
Congress enjoys an edge having got 32 seats against 31 of
BJP in the 70-member Assembly where BJP was so far in power.
Kumar claimed that with party forming government in Goa
and retaining power in Punjab with its ally SAD, BJP had
started celebrating the festival of colours from March 6
itself when results to five assembly polls were declared.
BJP veteran L K Advani, meanwhile, at `Holi milan`
programme at his residence, said there is no similar festival
like this when people of all strata of society join together
and share the fun.
"Few countries in the world have similar festivals which
can be used to spread happiness...," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation