Bomb scare near Dehradun police headquarter
Dehradun: A metallic object lying in a drain close to the police headquarter on Tuesday triggered a bomb scare, compelling bomb squad and police team into action.
The object, lying in a drain along the busy Subhash road in the city, sent passersby into tizzy and they informed the police.
Police rushed to the spot along with a bomb disposal squad, said Manikanth Mishra, Circle Officer of Dalanwala area.
However, after examination, the object turned out to be an unusable cover of a hand grenade, Mishra said.
The object may have been received by some scrap dealer before finding its way into the drain, the officer said.
The bomb scare led to a traffic snarl on the road for nearly half-an-hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok