Boy commits suicide after being scolded by father
Dehradun: A 12-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after being scolded by his father for not going to school, police said on Thursday.
"Sumit, a student of Class VIII, hanged himself yesterday after his father scolded him over the phone for not going to school," police said.
The boy`s body was found hanging from the ceiling fan by his elder brother at their home in Ramnagar, they said.
Sumit`s father Dhanilal, an ex army man, had gone to Chamoli along with his wife on Monday, leaving their two sons and a daughter at their Raipur residence here.
Dhanilal called up his children on Tuesday to find out how they were doing. When he was told Sumit had not gone to school, Dhanilal got angry and scolded the child on the phone.
Hurt over being rebuked by his father, the child hanged himself a few hours later, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday