Boy commits suicide after being scolded by father
Dehradun: A 12-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after being scolded by his father for not going to school, police said on Thursday.
"Sumit, a student of Class VIII, hanged himself yesterday after his father scolded him over the phone for not going to school," police said.
The boy`s body was found hanging from the ceiling fan by his elder brother at their home in Ramnagar, they said.
Sumit`s father Dhanilal, an ex army man, had gone to Chamoli along with his wife on Monday, leaving their two sons and a daughter at their Raipur residence here.
Dhanilal called up his children on Tuesday to find out how they were doing. When he was told Sumit had not gone to school, Dhanilal got angry and scolded the child on the phone.
Hurt over being rebuked by his father, the child hanged himself a few hours later, police said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in