Boy commits suicide after being scolded by father
Dehradun: A 12-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after being scolded by his father for not going to school, police said on Thursday.
"Sumit, a student of Class VIII, hanged himself yesterday after his father scolded him over the phone for not going to school," police said.
The boy`s body was found hanging from the ceiling fan by his elder brother at their home in Ramnagar, they said.
Sumit`s father Dhanilal, an ex army man, had gone to Chamoli along with his wife on Monday, leaving their two sons and a daughter at their Raipur residence here.
Dhanilal called up his children on Tuesday to find out how they were doing. When he was told Sumit had not gone to school, Dhanilal got angry and scolded the child on the phone.
Hurt over being rebuked by his father, the child hanged himself a few hours later, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!