Brisk business at Haridwar, thanks to Maha Kumbh
Haridwar: With lakhs of people expected to turn up during the three-month-long Maha Kumbh, business establishments -- from hotels to aviation firms -- are having a field day.
Most of the hotels have jacked up their tariff, many of them by almost six times, while autos and rickshaws have doubled the fares.
Shops around the ghats have stored plastic bottles of various shapes and sizes for the devotees to bring back water from the river Ganga after taking the holy `snan`(bath). Also available are portraits of God, miniature temple bells and devotional CDs among others which are selling like hot cakes.
Many beggars too have come here from nearby as well as far off areas and lined up along the roads to various ghats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days