Brisk business at Haridwar, thanks to Maha Kumbh
Haridwar: With lakhs of people expected to turn up during the three-month-long Maha Kumbh, business establishments -- from hotels to aviation firms -- are having a field day.
Most of the hotels have jacked up their tariff, many of them by almost six times, while autos and rickshaws have doubled the fares.
Shops around the ghats have stored plastic bottles of various shapes and sizes for the devotees to bring back water from the river Ganga after taking the holy `snan`(bath). Also available are portraits of God, miniature temple bells and devotional CDs among others which are selling like hot cakes.
Many beggars too have come here from nearby as well as far off areas and lined up along the roads to various ghats.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming