Brisk business at Haridwar, thanks to Maha Kumbh
Haridwar: With lakhs of people expected to turn up during the three-month-long Maha Kumbh, business establishments -- from hotels to aviation firms -- are having a field day.
Most of the hotels have jacked up their tariff, many of them by almost six times, while autos and rickshaws have doubled the fares.
Shops around the ghats have stored plastic bottles of various shapes and sizes for the devotees to bring back water from the river Ganga after taking the holy `snan`(bath). Also available are portraits of God, miniature temple bells and devotional CDs among others which are selling like hot cakes.
Many beggars too have come here from nearby as well as far off areas and lined up along the roads to various ghats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report