British High Commissioner meets Uttarakhand CM
Dehra Dun: British High Commissioner to
India Sir Richard Stagg on Thursday met Uttarakhand Chief Minister
Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank and congratulated him for
successfully organising the Kumbh mela, one of the largest
religious congregations in the world.
During a meeting at the state secretariat, Sir Stagg
lauded the arrangements made by the state government at the
Kumbh mela venue and said management of such a big crowd at a
small place like Haridwar is really praiseworthy, said an
He told Nishank that people of Britain are also getting
attracted towards Ayurveda and other alternative pathies and
said there is a bright possibility of bilateral cooperation
between his country and Uttarakhand through Government of
He also lauded Uttarakhand government`s efforts to
cleanse the Ganga through a programme called "Ganga Sparsh"
and said Thames was also purged through the collective
endeavours of the British people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical