Brothers get life sentence for killing pregnant sis, husband
Nainital: A district court here has
sentenced four brothers to life imprisonment for murdering
their pregnant sister and her husband for marrying against
Nainital District and Sessions Judge R P Pande yesterday
awarded the life imprisonment to Jahir Alam, Anis Alam, Rais
Alam and Faim Ahmed and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
The four were also found guilty of killing the unborn
baby and were awarded 10-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs
5,000 each for the crime.
The two sentences will run concurrently.
Reshma Parvin had married Shahabuddin against the wishes
of her family in 2007. In May 2008, her brothers attacked her
and her husband with knives while they were returning after a
medical check-up. The duo was rushed to a nearby hospital
where they succumbed to their injuries.
Reshma was 8-month pregnant at that time.
Later, Shahbuddin`s brother Sirajuddin lodged a case of
murder against Reshma`s brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state