Brothers get life sentence for killing pregnant sis, husband
Nainital: A district court here has
sentenced four brothers to life imprisonment for murdering
their pregnant sister and her husband for marrying against
Nainital District and Sessions Judge R P Pande yesterday
awarded the life imprisonment to Jahir Alam, Anis Alam, Rais
Alam and Faim Ahmed and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
The four were also found guilty of killing the unborn
baby and were awarded 10-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs
5,000 each for the crime.
The two sentences will run concurrently.
Reshma Parvin had married Shahabuddin against the wishes
of her family in 2007. In May 2008, her brothers attacked her
and her husband with knives while they were returning after a
medical check-up. The duo was rushed to a nearby hospital
where they succumbed to their injuries.
Reshma was 8-month pregnant at that time.
Later, Shahbuddin`s brother Sirajuddin lodged a case of
murder against Reshma`s brothers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan