Brothers get life sentence for killing pregnant sis, husband
Nainital: A district court here has
sentenced four brothers to life imprisonment for murdering
their pregnant sister and her husband for marrying against
Nainital District and Sessions Judge R P Pande yesterday
awarded the life imprisonment to Jahir Alam, Anis Alam, Rais
Alam and Faim Ahmed and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
The four were also found guilty of killing the unborn
baby and were awarded 10-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs
5,000 each for the crime.
The two sentences will run concurrently.
Reshma Parvin had married Shahabuddin against the wishes
of her family in 2007. In May 2008, her brothers attacked her
and her husband with knives while they were returning after a
medical check-up. The duo was rushed to a nearby hospital
where they succumbed to their injuries.
Reshma was 8-month pregnant at that time.
Later, Shahbuddin`s brother Sirajuddin lodged a case of
murder against Reshma`s brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister