Brothers get life sentence for killing pregnant sis, husband
Nainital: A district court here has
sentenced four brothers to life imprisonment for murdering
their pregnant sister and her husband for marrying against
Nainital District and Sessions Judge R P Pande yesterday
awarded the life imprisonment to Jahir Alam, Anis Alam, Rais
Alam and Faim Ahmed and slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
The four were also found guilty of killing the unborn
baby and were awarded 10-year imprisonment and a fine of Rs
5,000 each for the crime.
The two sentences will run concurrently.
Reshma Parvin had married Shahabuddin against the wishes
of her family in 2007. In May 2008, her brothers attacked her
and her husband with knives while they were returning after a
medical check-up. The duo was rushed to a nearby hospital
where they succumbed to their injuries.
Reshma was 8-month pregnant at that time.
Later, Shahbuddin`s brother Sirajuddin lodged a case of
murder against Reshma`s brothers.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on