BSF pledges Rs 16 crore for Uttarakhand victims
New Delhi: The Border Security Force (BSF) will donate Rs 16 crore for disaster relief in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
“We are donating one day`s salary of all personnel," a BSF statement said.
The BSF said it will adopt a few of the devastated villages with a view to providing rehabilitation and reconstruction on a longer term.
“An amount of Rs 2 lakh each will also be given to the Uttarakhand Police and Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel deceased and missing in the rescue operation,” said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends