BSF pledges Rs 16 crore for Uttarakhand victims
New Delhi: The Border Security Force (BSF) will donate Rs 16 crore for disaster relief in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
“We are donating one day`s salary of all personnel," a BSF statement said.
The BSF said it will adopt a few of the devastated villages with a view to providing rehabilitation and reconstruction on a longer term.
“An amount of Rs 2 lakh each will also be given to the Uttarakhand Police and Indo-Tibetan Border Police personnel deceased and missing in the rescue operation,” said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'