Budget Session of Uttarakhand Assembly begins
Dehradun: The Budget session of Uttarakhand Assembly started on a story note Thursday with opposition BJP not allowing Governor to deliver his address to the House as it created a ruckus over alleged sale of industrial land to real estate companies at throwaway prices by the state government.
As soon as Governor Aziz Qureshi rose to deliver his address in the assembly, slogan shouting BJP MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt trooped into the well of the House accusing the state government of benefiting real estate giants by selling 23 acres of SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar at throwaway prices plunging the House into din.
Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal asked the members to go back to their seats and let the proceedings of the House take place but they refused to do so prompting the Governor to complete the formality of delivering his address by uttering its opening and closing lines in the prevailing noise.
As the Speaker`s repeated attempts to restore peace in the Assembly went in vain he adjourned the House for the day.
Opposition members were demanding a high level probe into the alleged deals struck between the state government and real estate firms which according to them had reaped huge benefits by acquiring SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes cheaply from the government and selling them off at more than double the price at which they had acquired them.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat later told reporters outside the House that the party will hold statewide demonstrations tomorrow to protest such alleged deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes