Budget Session of Uttarakhand Assembly begins
Dehradun: The Budget session of Uttarakhand Assembly started on a story note Thursday with opposition BJP not allowing Governor to deliver his address to the House as it created a ruckus over alleged sale of industrial land to real estate companies at throwaway prices by the state government.
As soon as Governor Aziz Qureshi rose to deliver his address in the assembly, slogan shouting BJP MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt trooped into the well of the House accusing the state government of benefiting real estate giants by selling 23 acres of SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar at throwaway prices plunging the House into din.
Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal asked the members to go back to their seats and let the proceedings of the House take place but they refused to do so prompting the Governor to complete the formality of delivering his address by uttering its opening and closing lines in the prevailing noise.
As the Speaker`s repeated attempts to restore peace in the Assembly went in vain he adjourned the House for the day.
Opposition members were demanding a high level probe into the alleged deals struck between the state government and real estate firms which according to them had reaped huge benefits by acquiring SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes cheaply from the government and selling them off at more than double the price at which they had acquired them.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat later told reporters outside the House that the party will hold statewide demonstrations tomorrow to protest such alleged deals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!