Budget Session of Uttarakhand Assembly begins
Dehradun: The Budget session of Uttarakhand Assembly started on a story note Thursday with opposition BJP not allowing Governor to deliver his address to the House as it created a ruckus over alleged sale of industrial land to real estate companies at throwaway prices by the state government.
As soon as Governor Aziz Qureshi rose to deliver his address in the assembly, slogan shouting BJP MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt trooped into the well of the House accusing the state government of benefiting real estate giants by selling 23 acres of SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar at throwaway prices plunging the House into din.
Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal asked the members to go back to their seats and let the proceedings of the House take place but they refused to do so prompting the Governor to complete the formality of delivering his address by uttering its opening and closing lines in the prevailing noise.
As the Speaker`s repeated attempts to restore peace in the Assembly went in vain he adjourned the House for the day.
Opposition members were demanding a high level probe into the alleged deals struck between the state government and real estate firms which according to them had reaped huge benefits by acquiring SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes cheaply from the government and selling them off at more than double the price at which they had acquired them.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat later told reporters outside the House that the party will hold statewide demonstrations tomorrow to protest such alleged deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla