Budget Session of Uttarakhand Assembly begins
Dehradun: The Budget session of Uttarakhand Assembly started on a story note Thursday with opposition BJP not allowing Governor to deliver his address to the House as it created a ruckus over alleged sale of industrial land to real estate companies at throwaway prices by the state government.
As soon as Governor Aziz Qureshi rose to deliver his address in the assembly, slogan shouting BJP MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt trooped into the well of the House accusing the state government of benefiting real estate giants by selling 23 acres of SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar at throwaway prices plunging the House into din.
Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal asked the members to go back to their seats and let the proceedings of the House take place but they refused to do so prompting the Governor to complete the formality of delivering his address by uttering its opening and closing lines in the prevailing noise.
As the Speaker`s repeated attempts to restore peace in the Assembly went in vain he adjourned the House for the day.
Opposition members were demanding a high level probe into the alleged deals struck between the state government and real estate firms which according to them had reaped huge benefits by acquiring SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes cheaply from the government and selling them off at more than double the price at which they had acquired them.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat later told reporters outside the House that the party will hold statewide demonstrations tomorrow to protest such alleged deals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days