Budget Session of Uttarakhand Assembly begins
Dehradun: The Budget session of Uttarakhand Assembly started on a story note Thursday with opposition BJP not allowing Governor to deliver his address to the House as it created a ruckus over alleged sale of industrial land to real estate companies at throwaway prices by the state government.
As soon as Governor Aziz Qureshi rose to deliver his address in the assembly, slogan shouting BJP MLAs led by Leader of Opposition Ajay Bhatt trooped into the well of the House accusing the state government of benefiting real estate giants by selling 23 acres of SIDCUL land in Haridwar and Pantnagar at throwaway prices plunging the House into din.
Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal asked the members to go back to their seats and let the proceedings of the House take place but they refused to do so prompting the Governor to complete the formality of delivering his address by uttering its opening and closing lines in the prevailing noise.
As the Speaker`s repeated attempts to restore peace in the Assembly went in vain he adjourned the House for the day.
Opposition members were demanding a high level probe into the alleged deals struck between the state government and real estate firms which according to them had reaped huge benefits by acquiring SIDCUL land meant for industrial purposes cheaply from the government and selling them off at more than double the price at which they had acquired them.
State BJP chief Tirath Singh Rawat later told reporters outside the House that the party will hold statewide demonstrations tomorrow to protest such alleged deals.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra
- AgustaWestland case: Hang me if anything found against me, says Congress leader Ahmed Patel
- Badminton Asia Championship: Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu advance to second round
- There has been no development in West Bengal, only TMC syndicate rules: Rahul Gandhi