Bus fares increased in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Roadways Corporation
has increased the fares of its hi-tech and ordinary buses by
29 per cent, officials today said.
The new fares came into force last night, they said.
Passengers have to pay the fare in ordinary buses at the
rate of 81 paise per km in plains and Rs 1.26 per km in the
hilly areas. The previous fare was 63 paisa per km in plains,
and 92 paisa in hills.
Similarly, for travelling in hi-tech buses the passengers
would now have to pay at the rate of Rs 1.37 per km in the
plains and Rs 1.62 per km in the hilly areas.
The previous fare of hi-tech buses was Rs 1.07 for plains,
and for hills it was Rs 1.47.
The Corporation had last increased the bus fares in
The hike in fare has been done in view nearly Rs 150 cr
per annum loss to the Corporation after prices of fuel were
increased during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka