Bus fares increased in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Roadways Corporation
has increased the fares of its hi-tech and ordinary buses by
29 per cent, officials today said.
The new fares came into force last night, they said.
Passengers have to pay the fare in ordinary buses at the
rate of 81 paise per km in plains and Rs 1.26 per km in the
hilly areas. The previous fare was 63 paisa per km in plains,
and 92 paisa in hills.
Similarly, for travelling in hi-tech buses the passengers
would now have to pay at the rate of Rs 1.37 per km in the
plains and Rs 1.62 per km in the hilly areas.
The previous fare of hi-tech buses was Rs 1.07 for plains,
and for hills it was Rs 1.47.
The Corporation had last increased the bus fares in
The hike in fare has been done in view nearly Rs 150 cr
per annum loss to the Corporation after prices of fuel were
increased during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof