Buy power from outside, avoid power cuts: U`khand CM to officials
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday issued orders to keep the state free from power outages even if that meant buying electricity from outside.
Laying the foundation stone of power sub-stations of Nehru Colony and Ring Road Raipur, Bahuguna said work on improving power infrastructure worth Rs 191 crore had begun in Dehradun district.
Terming availability of power as a prerequisite for development, Bahuguna said officials have been asked to buy electricity even from outside if required to avoid power cuts.
Electricity worth Rs 300 crore has been purchased so far and more will be bought if needed with permission from the Centre, he said.
Work has begun on the Vyasi Project and permission would soon be obtained for the Lakhwad project to make the state self-sufficient in terms of power, the Chief Minister said.
Around 13,000 consumers would benefit from the Nehru Colony and Ring Road sub-stations, Bahuguna said, adding that electricity was cheaper in Uttarakhand than in other states.
The domestic rate for power in Uttarakhand was Rs 2.94 per unit as against Rs 4.63 in Uttar Pradesh, Rs 3.91 in Himachal Pradesh and Rs 4.86 in Gujarat, he said.
Noting that adequate power is needed for development of industries which will generate employment, he said creation of job opportunities is a must to stop people from migrating to other regions in search of work.
Bahuguna also said Rs 1,000 crore have been released to the PWD for construction of roads and the results would be visible by March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!