Buy power from outside, avoid power cuts: U`khand CM to officials
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday issued orders to keep the state free from power outages even if that meant buying electricity from outside.
Laying the foundation stone of power sub-stations of Nehru Colony and Ring Road Raipur, Bahuguna said work on improving power infrastructure worth Rs 191 crore had begun in Dehradun district.
Terming availability of power as a prerequisite for development, Bahuguna said officials have been asked to buy electricity even from outside if required to avoid power cuts.
Electricity worth Rs 300 crore has been purchased so far and more will be bought if needed with permission from the Centre, he said.
Work has begun on the Vyasi Project and permission would soon be obtained for the Lakhwad project to make the state self-sufficient in terms of power, the Chief Minister said.
Around 13,000 consumers would benefit from the Nehru Colony and Ring Road sub-stations, Bahuguna said, adding that electricity was cheaper in Uttarakhand than in other states.
The domestic rate for power in Uttarakhand was Rs 2.94 per unit as against Rs 4.63 in Uttar Pradesh, Rs 3.91 in Himachal Pradesh and Rs 4.86 in Gujarat, he said.
Noting that adequate power is needed for development of industries which will generate employment, he said creation of job opportunities is a must to stop people from migrating to other regions in search of work.
Bahuguna also said Rs 1,000 crore have been released to the PWD for construction of roads and the results would be visible by March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks