Cancer institute to come up in Nainital
Dehradun: To improve health facilities in Uttarakhand, Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today announced a cancer institute for Haldwani in Nainital district and a cancer care centre at the Doon Hospital here.
To be built at a cost of Rs 120 crore, the state Cancer Institute will come up at Haldwani Medical College whereas the Rs 45 crore Cancer Care Centre will be established within the Doon hospital premises in the city, Azad said after inaugurating and laying the foundation stones of several health projects in the city.
A trauma centre will be set up at Shrinagar Medical college and the amount being given to Uttarakhand under the National Health Mission will be doubled, he said.
"The amount to be given under NHM to Uttarakhand will now be in the proportion of 90:10 which means the state government will have to arrange only for 10 per cent of the funds for any NHM project and the rest will be contributed by the Centre," the Union Minister said, adding no stone will be left unturned to improve and expand health facilities in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs