Case against Ramdev`s trust referred back to tribunal
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday referred back a case of recovery of income tax worth Rs 40 crore from a Ramdev`s trust to the Income Tax Judicial Tribunal, asking it to dispose of the case quickly.
Referring the case back to the Tribunal for expeditious trial, Justice K J Sengupta also said the stay given by the Tribunal on recovery of income tax liabilities from Divya Yog Mandir trust will remain in place.
The income tax department had approached the High Court pleading that the Tribunal`s stay on the recovery process be vacated.
The case would come up for hearing at the Tribunal on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her
- Samsung hits back at China's Huawei with patent suit
- India ranks 110th on Sustainable Development index