Case against Ramdev`s trust referred back to tribunal
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday referred back a case of recovery of income tax worth Rs 40 crore from a Ramdev`s trust to the Income Tax Judicial Tribunal, asking it to dispose of the case quickly.
Referring the case back to the Tribunal for expeditious trial, Justice K J Sengupta also said the stay given by the Tribunal on recovery of income tax liabilities from Divya Yog Mandir trust will remain in place.
The income tax department had approached the High Court pleading that the Tribunal`s stay on the recovery process be vacated.
The case would come up for hearing at the Tribunal on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!