Case against Ramdev`s trust referred back to tribunal
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court on Wednesday referred back a case of recovery of income tax worth Rs 40 crore from a Ramdev`s trust to the Income Tax Judicial Tribunal, asking it to dispose of the case quickly.
Referring the case back to the Tribunal for expeditious trial, Justice K J Sengupta also said the stay given by the Tribunal on recovery of income tax liabilities from Divya Yog Mandir trust will remain in place.
The income tax department had approached the High Court pleading that the Tribunal`s stay on the recovery process be vacated.
The case would come up for hearing at the Tribunal on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal