CB-CID probe ordered into teenaged girl death
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday ordered a CB-CID inquiry into the alleged rape and murder of a
teenaged girl in Uttarkashi district.
Chief Minister B C Khanduri ordered for a CB-CID inquiry
after a delegation of people from Kote village, where the
incident took place, met him here and apprised him of the
incident, an official release said.
A 15-year-old girl had disappeared from her house on
October 7 and three days later her body was recovered from
Locals had alleged the girl, a student of class 8, was
raped and killed.
However, police claimed the teenager committed suicide as
she was under depression over her poor progress in studies.
The postmortem report has also failed to confirm rape or
murder, police said, adding that it has cited "drowning" as
the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale