CB-CID probe ordered into teenaged girl death
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday ordered a CB-CID inquiry into the alleged rape and murder of a
teenaged girl in Uttarkashi district.
Chief Minister B C Khanduri ordered for a CB-CID inquiry
after a delegation of people from Kote village, where the
incident took place, met him here and apprised him of the
incident, an official release said.
A 15-year-old girl had disappeared from her house on
October 7 and three days later her body was recovered from
Locals had alleged the girl, a student of class 8, was
raped and killed.
However, police claimed the teenager committed suicide as
she was under depression over her poor progress in studies.
The postmortem report has also failed to confirm rape or
murder, police said, adding that it has cited "drowning" as
the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach