CB-CID probe ordered into teenaged girl death
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday ordered a CB-CID inquiry into the alleged rape and murder of a
teenaged girl in Uttarkashi district.
Chief Minister B C Khanduri ordered for a CB-CID inquiry
after a delegation of people from Kote village, where the
incident took place, met him here and apprised him of the
incident, an official release said.
A 15-year-old girl had disappeared from her house on
October 7 and three days later her body was recovered from
Locals had alleged the girl, a student of class 8, was
raped and killed.
However, police claimed the teenager committed suicide as
she was under depression over her poor progress in studies.
The postmortem report has also failed to confirm rape or
murder, police said, adding that it has cited "drowning" as
the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed