CB-CID probe ordered into teenaged girl death
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday ordered a CB-CID inquiry into the alleged rape and murder of a
teenaged girl in Uttarkashi district.
Chief Minister B C Khanduri ordered for a CB-CID inquiry
after a delegation of people from Kote village, where the
incident took place, met him here and apprised him of the
incident, an official release said.
A 15-year-old girl had disappeared from her house on
October 7 and three days later her body was recovered from
Locals had alleged the girl, a student of class 8, was
raped and killed.
However, police claimed the teenager committed suicide as
she was under depression over her poor progress in studies.
The postmortem report has also failed to confirm rape or
murder, police said, adding that it has cited "drowning" as
the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death