CB-CID probe ordered into teenaged girl death
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday ordered a CB-CID inquiry into the alleged rape and murder of a
teenaged girl in Uttarkashi district.
Chief Minister B C Khanduri ordered for a CB-CID inquiry
after a delegation of people from Kote village, where the
incident took place, met him here and apprised him of the
incident, an official release said.
A 15-year-old girl had disappeared from her house on
October 7 and three days later her body was recovered from
Locals had alleged the girl, a student of class 8, was
raped and killed.
However, police claimed the teenager committed suicide as
she was under depression over her poor progress in studies.
The postmortem report has also failed to confirm rape or
murder, police said, adding that it has cited "drowning" as
the cause of death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use