CBI likely to register PE against Ramdev`s aide
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to register
a preliminary enquiry (PE) against Balakrishna, a close aide
of yoga guru Ramdev, for allegedly using forged documents to
acquire multiple passports.
CBI sources said the allegations are that Balakrishna
had fudged certain documents and has multiple passports, which
is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act.
However, the charges were denied by Ramdev-controlled
Patanjali Yogapeeth Trust.
"Balakrishna`s passport is valid. He had got his
passport about 12-13 years back. Why is the government now
raising questions about it?" SK Tijarawala, spokesperson of
Patanjali Yogapeeth Trust, said.
Besides questions being raised about his nationality,
Balakrishna is under scanner of central investigating and law
enforcement agencies for allegedly acquiring wealth worth
crores of rupees.
"A complaint has been received and we are examining
it. It is alleged that Balakrishna has got two passports
acquired through illegal means," a CBI official said.
Both Ramdev and Balakrishna were forcibly removed by
the Delhi Police on June 4 from Ramlila Ground here where the
two were leading a gathering demanding tougher anti-corruption
laws and bringing back of black money stashed away abroad.
While Ramdev was moved to Patanjali Yogapeeth, about
20 kms from Haridwar, his associate Balakrishna had gone
missing and had surfaced on June 7.
"I am born in Haridwar and I am an Indian. I have
completed my education here. My parents are from Nepal,"
Balakrishna had said on questions about is nationality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh