CBI likely to register PE against Ramdev`s aide
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to register
a preliminary enquiry (PE) against Balakrishna, a close aide
of yoga guru Ramdev, for allegedly using forged documents to
acquire multiple passports.
CBI sources said the allegations are that Balakrishna
had fudged certain documents and has multiple passports, which
is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act.
However, the charges were denied by Ramdev-controlled
Patanjali Yogapeeth Trust.
"Balakrishna`s passport is valid. He had got his
passport about 12-13 years back. Why is the government now
raising questions about it?" SK Tijarawala, spokesperson of
Patanjali Yogapeeth Trust, said.
Besides questions being raised about his nationality,
Balakrishna is under scanner of central investigating and law
enforcement agencies for allegedly acquiring wealth worth
crores of rupees.
"A complaint has been received and we are examining
it. It is alleged that Balakrishna has got two passports
acquired through illegal means," a CBI official said.
Both Ramdev and Balakrishna were forcibly removed by
the Delhi Police on June 4 from Ramlila Ground here where the
two were leading a gathering demanding tougher anti-corruption
laws and bringing back of black money stashed away abroad.
While Ramdev was moved to Patanjali Yogapeeth, about
20 kms from Haridwar, his associate Balakrishna had gone
missing and had surfaced on June 7.
"I am born in Haridwar and I am an Indian. I have
completed my education here. My parents are from Nepal,"
Balakrishna had said on questions about is nationality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why