CBI to question Ramdev in connection with his missing Guru
New Delhi: CBI is expected to question Yoga Guru Ramdev soon in connection with alleged kidnapping of his guru Swami Shankar Dev who mysteriously went missing six years ago while taking a morning walk in Haridwar.
CBI sources said on Tuesday that an agency team had already visited Haridwar to pick clues and is likely to visit the temple town in Uttarakhand again soon to question Ramdev and his aide Balkrishna in the kidnapping case.
The sources said the focus of the questioning will be to get any information which might help in tracking down Shankar Dev`s whereabouts.
The agency had registered a case last month in this connection under Section 365 of Indian Penal Code(IPC) against unknown persons. The section pertains to kidnapping or abducting and wrongful confinement.
Uttarakhand Police had registered a case of abduction to probe the disappearance of Dev, who had been living in Ramdev`s ashram but was missing since July 2007 when he had set out for a morning walk.
The FIR was reportedly filed by Ramdev’s aide Acharya Balkrishna at Kankhal police station three days after the Swami went missing under mysterious circumstances.
The state government had earlier sent a request to CBI in October last year to probe the case but the same was rejected as the state police had not even registered a case, the basic formality before the agency takes up the probe.
Shankar Dev was the founder of Divya Yog Mandir Trust, currently headed by Ramdev who is under scanner for alleged violations in labelling of some of the products of the Trust.
Ramdev had earlier welcomed the decision of the government for a CBI probe into the disappearance of his guru. Ramdev and his trusts are facing a number of probes by the Income Tax, Service Tax and Enforcement Directorate for alleged evasion of taxes and irregularities in complying with forex laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof