Central team in U`khand to assess damage caused by floods
Dehra Dun: Central government teams are
here today to make an assessment of the damage caused by
landslides, cloudbursts and floods following incessant rains
in various parts of Uttarakhand this month.
Three teams from the Centre comprising officers and
experts of various departments have landed in Uttarakhand for
making the assessment, a government spokesman said.
During their three-day stay, the teams would visit all
the 13 districts of the hill state badly affected by the
natural disasters and prepare the assessment of damages, he
One team would visit the districts of Nainital,
Udhamsingh Nagar, Haridwar and Dehra Dun while the second and
third team would go to Champawat, Pithoragarh, Almora and
Bageshwar, Uttarkashi, Tehri, Chamoli, Rudraprayag and Pauri
The teams would travel by road as well as use
helicopters for aerial survey of the areas and will be back in
the state capital on October 2 and meet Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank and state officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!