Centre promises all help for building Uttarakhand infrastructure
Dehradun: The Centre on Friday said it would extend all possible help to the Uttarakhand government for its development endeavours and infrastructure building efforts by timely clearance of projects.
"The Centre is aware of the problems being faced by the hill state and will give all possible assistance to the state government for timely implementation of infrastructural projects and creation of basic facilities," Union Minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning Rajiv Shukla said while addressing a meeting at the Chief Minister`s residence here.
He said he was aware of the hurdles faced by the state government in timely clearance of development projects by New Delhi and assured that as a central minister he will ensure that they are not delayed.
Praising Bahuguna government for "effective financial management" of the state during the last fiscal, Shukla said it deserves praise for creating additional sources of revenue adding to a rise in its income.
Citing the hill state`s tremendous potential in religious and adventure tourism, floriculture and hydel power sectors, the Union minister asked the government to prepare a special tourism project for Badrinath, Kedarnath and Haridwar.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna demanded a green bonus for Uttarakhand considering the state`s contribution to environment conservation besides seeking funds from the Centre for successful conduct of Nanda Raj Jaat yatra.
He said the state is producing only 3,619 mw power against its potential of generating 27,000 mw of power and sought the Centre`s cooperation in properly harnessing its hydel power potential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore