Centre promises all help for building Uttarakhand infrastructure
Dehradun: The Centre on Friday said it would extend all possible help to the Uttarakhand government for its development endeavours and infrastructure building efforts by timely clearance of projects.
"The Centre is aware of the problems being faced by the hill state and will give all possible assistance to the state government for timely implementation of infrastructural projects and creation of basic facilities," Union Minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning Rajiv Shukla said while addressing a meeting at the Chief Minister`s residence here.
He said he was aware of the hurdles faced by the state government in timely clearance of development projects by New Delhi and assured that as a central minister he will ensure that they are not delayed.
Praising Bahuguna government for "effective financial management" of the state during the last fiscal, Shukla said it deserves praise for creating additional sources of revenue adding to a rise in its income.
Citing the hill state`s tremendous potential in religious and adventure tourism, floriculture and hydel power sectors, the Union minister asked the government to prepare a special tourism project for Badrinath, Kedarnath and Haridwar.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna demanded a green bonus for Uttarakhand considering the state`s contribution to environment conservation besides seeking funds from the Centre for successful conduct of Nanda Raj Jaat yatra.
He said the state is producing only 3,619 mw power against its potential of generating 27,000 mw of power and sought the Centre`s cooperation in properly harnessing its hydel power potential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured