Centre promises all help for building Uttarakhand infrastructure
Dehradun: The Centre on Friday said it would extend all possible help to the Uttarakhand government for its development endeavours and infrastructure building efforts by timely clearance of projects.
"The Centre is aware of the problems being faced by the hill state and will give all possible assistance to the state government for timely implementation of infrastructural projects and creation of basic facilities," Union Minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning Rajiv Shukla said while addressing a meeting at the Chief Minister`s residence here.
He said he was aware of the hurdles faced by the state government in timely clearance of development projects by New Delhi and assured that as a central minister he will ensure that they are not delayed.
Praising Bahuguna government for "effective financial management" of the state during the last fiscal, Shukla said it deserves praise for creating additional sources of revenue adding to a rise in its income.
Citing the hill state`s tremendous potential in religious and adventure tourism, floriculture and hydel power sectors, the Union minister asked the government to prepare a special tourism project for Badrinath, Kedarnath and Haridwar.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna demanded a green bonus for Uttarakhand considering the state`s contribution to environment conservation besides seeking funds from the Centre for successful conduct of Nanda Raj Jaat yatra.
He said the state is producing only 3,619 mw power against its potential of generating 27,000 mw of power and sought the Centre`s cooperation in properly harnessing its hydel power potential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark