Centre promises all help for building Uttarakhand infrastructure
Dehradun: The Centre on Friday said it would extend all possible help to the Uttarakhand government for its development endeavours and infrastructure building efforts by timely clearance of projects.
"The Centre is aware of the problems being faced by the hill state and will give all possible assistance to the state government for timely implementation of infrastructural projects and creation of basic facilities," Union Minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs and Planning Rajiv Shukla said while addressing a meeting at the Chief Minister`s residence here.
He said he was aware of the hurdles faced by the state government in timely clearance of development projects by New Delhi and assured that as a central minister he will ensure that they are not delayed.
Praising Bahuguna government for "effective financial management" of the state during the last fiscal, Shukla said it deserves praise for creating additional sources of revenue adding to a rise in its income.
Citing the hill state`s tremendous potential in religious and adventure tourism, floriculture and hydel power sectors, the Union minister asked the government to prepare a special tourism project for Badrinath, Kedarnath and Haridwar.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna demanded a green bonus for Uttarakhand considering the state`s contribution to environment conservation besides seeking funds from the Centre for successful conduct of Nanda Raj Jaat yatra.
He said the state is producing only 3,619 mw power against its potential of generating 27,000 mw of power and sought the Centre`s cooperation in properly harnessing its hydel power potential.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report