`Centre`s condition for supplying foodgrain against spirit of NFSA`
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Thursday said the condition set by the Centre to supply foodgrain under NFSA to the state only upon completion of the computerisation of the PDS system was against the spirit of the scheme.
State Food Secretary Ravinath Raman, in a statement, said that the Centre in a letter to the Uttarakhand government informed that it would initiate foodgrain supply only when the computerisation of the public distribution system is completed in the state.
Raman, however, said that there was no provision as such in the National Food Security Act.
He also said that in January, the Centre had allotted to Uttarakhand foodgrain stock for next six months, but the state government had requested it to defer the deadline to implement the scheme till June so that it could distribute the ration cards to the beneficiaries.
Raman said, "Accordingly, the state government launched the scheme on July 1. But, the condition set by the Centre is against the spirit of the NFSA."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened