Chamoli: Trekkers from Ukraine, Russia interrogate
Dehra Dun: A trekking team from Ukraine and Russia was interrogated by the Chamoli police for allegedly using satellite phones in the prohibited border area.
Though all the documents of the six-member team have been found valid and no satellite phone has been recovered from them during checking, they were questioned to find out as to who used the satellite phone on the Pindari glacier trekking route to make an international call to Ukraine a week ago, Chamoli Superintendent of Police P Renuka Devi said.
The team was intercepted and picked up at Ban village near Roopkund area of Chamoli district yesterday.
When interrogated, they told the police that their three members have already left for their homes leaving the trekking midway, she said, adding, the police is trying to find out as to why three members left early and whether they had a satellite phone with them.
The police is also trying to find out whether there is also another foreign team trekking in the area. The use of satellite phone without permission is completely prohibited in the border area.
The police came into action after receiving the information from the Indian army in this regard a week ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000