Change of guard hasn`t helped in changing realities: BJP
Dehradun: Accusing Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat of making only announcements, Opposition BJP on Saturday said the change of guard in the calamity-hit state has not led to any change in the ground realities.
"A new CM has taken over but the circumstances remain the same as they were at the time of Bahuguna. Hotel and guest house owners in affected areas are yet to get compensation. A vast network of roads are still not motorable," BJP national secretary Trivendra Singh Rawat said.
Trivendra said he had serious doubts about beginning of the char dham yatra this year on schedule. The BJP leader also said the work on the five km road between Sonprayag to Gaurikund on way to Kedarnath has not yet started even after nine months of the disaster.
The annual pilgrimage to the four Himalayan shrines, located in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, is scheduled to begin in May this year while the state government has set the BRO a deadline of April 30 for the repair of damaged roads.
"With less than two months to go for the yatra, I don`t think the roads will be ready by that deadline. Only 10 per cent work has been done on the highways whereas work on the link roads is yet to start," he said.
Alleging that bodies have still not been pulled out of the debris lying inside the structures close to Kedarnath, he said the state government should begin the process at the earliest with the help of the Army.
Necessary equipment needed to clear the debris should be flown to the Himalayan shrine and institutions with experience of operating in high altitude areas should be involved in the exercise, he said.
"Nothing can be done without all this. But the chief minister is too busy making one announcement after another," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement