Change of guard hasn`t helped in changing realities: BJP
Dehradun: Accusing Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat of making only announcements, Opposition BJP on Saturday said the change of guard in the calamity-hit state has not led to any change in the ground realities.
"A new CM has taken over but the circumstances remain the same as they were at the time of Bahuguna. Hotel and guest house owners in affected areas are yet to get compensation. A vast network of roads are still not motorable," BJP national secretary Trivendra Singh Rawat said.
Trivendra said he had serious doubts about beginning of the char dham yatra this year on schedule. The BJP leader also said the work on the five km road between Sonprayag to Gaurikund on way to Kedarnath has not yet started even after nine months of the disaster.
The annual pilgrimage to the four Himalayan shrines, located in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, is scheduled to begin in May this year while the state government has set the BRO a deadline of April 30 for the repair of damaged roads.
"With less than two months to go for the yatra, I don`t think the roads will be ready by that deadline. Only 10 per cent work has been done on the highways whereas work on the link roads is yet to start," he said.
Alleging that bodies have still not been pulled out of the debris lying inside the structures close to Kedarnath, he said the state government should begin the process at the earliest with the help of the Army.
Necessary equipment needed to clear the debris should be flown to the Himalayan shrine and institutions with experience of operating in high altitude areas should be involved in the exercise, he said.
"Nothing can be done without all this. But the chief minister is too busy making one announcement after another," the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug