Change of guard will not help Congress: Khanduri
New Delhi: Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri on Sunday said changing guard in the state will not bring any change to Congress` image.
"In the last ten years, Congress government was mired in corrupt practices and replacing Vijay Bahuguna with Harish Rawat as the state Chief Minister will not bring any change to its image in the state," he told.
Training his guns against the Congress, Khanduri accused the state government of bringing a weak Lokayukta legislation which promotes corruption.
"The Lokayukta legislation brought up by the Congress government is toothless and has been brought in to save the corrupt people," he said.
Khanduri said the BJP government had already come up with a strong Lokayukta legislation but the Congress government rejected it.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why