Char Dham Yatra to begin from April 24
Dehradun: Considered the backbone of the thriving religious tourism in Uttarakhand, six-month long pilgrimage to four Hindu shrines Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, popularly known as the `Char Dham Yatra` will begin from April 24.
"The shrine of Badrinath will open for the devotees on April 28, while the shrine of Kedarnath will open on April 29. Yamunotri and Gangotri will be opened on April 24," Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee President Anusua Prasad Bhatt told reporters here.
Special accommodation arrangements were also made for the pilgrims, expected to be around 50,000 this year, he said.
Meanwhile, the administration has made elaborate security arrangements for the pilgrims coming on the yatra.
Last year, inspite of the late start of the yatra, huge number of devotees, both from the country and abroad, paid their obeisance at the four divine destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'