Char Dham Yatra to begin from April 24
Dehradun: Considered the backbone of the thriving religious tourism in Uttarakhand, six-month long pilgrimage to four Hindu shrines Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri, popularly known as the `Char Dham Yatra` will begin from April 24.
"The shrine of Badrinath will open for the devotees on April 28, while the shrine of Kedarnath will open on April 29. Yamunotri and Gangotri will be opened on April 24," Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Committee President Anusua Prasad Bhatt told reporters here.
Special accommodation arrangements were also made for the pilgrims, expected to be around 50,000 this year, he said.
Meanwhile, the administration has made elaborate security arrangements for the pilgrims coming on the yatra.
Last year, inspite of the late start of the yatra, huge number of devotees, both from the country and abroad, paid their obeisance at the four divine destinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick