Chhattisgarh announces Rs 5 crore for flood-hit Uttarakhand
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday announced an assistance of Rs 5 crore to the flood ravaged Uttarakhand, where heavy rains and landslides have created havoc.
"Chief Minister Raman Singh has announced to release Rs 5 crore from the CM`s relief fund to Uttrakhand government for the relief and rehabilitation of victims of the disaster," an official said here.
The decision was taken at a meeting convened by the Chief Minister late Wednesday evening at his official residence.
"The CM has also said that he will talk to Uttarakhand Chief Minister to extend every possible help for relief and rehabilitation in the northern state, besides providing medical aid and food grains in near future," the official added.
A helpline is also being set up in all the districts of the state to provide the latest information about persons stranded at various pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand.
The state government has already sent Uma Devi, Resident Commissioner of Chhattisgarh Bhavan in New Delhi, and Disaster Management Secretary KR Pisda to Uttarakhand to ensure every possible help to the stranded pilgrims from the state.
Besides, four teams from the Chhattisgarh were also deputed in Uttarakhand to organise evacuation of pilgrims hailing from the state.
"So far 22 pilgrims from Chhattisgarh have been brought safely to Chhattisgarh Bhawan, New Delhi from Uttarakhand," the official added.
According to sources, over 100 people from the state were stranded in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them