Chhattisgarh announces Rs 5 crore for flood-hit Uttarakhand
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Wednesday announced an assistance of Rs 5 crore to the flood ravaged Uttarakhand, where heavy rains and landslides have created havoc.
"Chief Minister Raman Singh has announced to release Rs 5 crore from the CM`s relief fund to Uttrakhand government for the relief and rehabilitation of victims of the disaster," an official said here.
The decision was taken at a meeting convened by the Chief Minister late Wednesday evening at his official residence.
"The CM has also said that he will talk to Uttarakhand Chief Minister to extend every possible help for relief and rehabilitation in the northern state, besides providing medical aid and food grains in near future," the official added.
A helpline is also being set up in all the districts of the state to provide the latest information about persons stranded at various pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand.
The state government has already sent Uma Devi, Resident Commissioner of Chhattisgarh Bhavan in New Delhi, and Disaster Management Secretary KR Pisda to Uttarakhand to ensure every possible help to the stranded pilgrims from the state.
Besides, four teams from the Chhattisgarh were also deputed in Uttarakhand to organise evacuation of pilgrims hailing from the state.
"So far 22 pilgrims from Chhattisgarh have been brought safely to Chhattisgarh Bhawan, New Delhi from Uttarakhand," the official added.
According to sources, over 100 people from the state were stranded in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city