Chopper crash: DNA analysis of remains of 7 victims over
Hyderabad: The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) here has identified the bodies of seven ITBP/NDRF personnel who died when their helicopter crashed during a rescue mission in Uttarakhand.
This would enable handing over of the mortal remains to the respective families.
"Samples from the bodies of seven personnel who died in the June 25 crash of an IAF helicopter in a rescue operation in Uttarakhand were received late on the night of June 29 at the CDFD for identification by DNA analysis.
"The individual identifications have been completed by the morning of July 1, by matching of the individual DNA profiles with those of the relatives," a CDFD release said.
Four personnel of ITBP and three of NDRF were identified and the respective agencies have been informed so that the mortal remains can be handed over to their families, it said.
CDFD has also done DNA profiling of relatives of several other deceased personnel in the crash, so that if additional mortal remains are recovered their identification by DNA analysis can be completed, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city