Chopper crash: DNA analysis of remains of 7 victims over
Hyderabad: The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) here has identified the bodies of seven ITBP/NDRF personnel who died when their helicopter crashed during a rescue mission in Uttarakhand.
This would enable handing over of the mortal remains to the respective families.
"Samples from the bodies of seven personnel who died in the June 25 crash of an IAF helicopter in a rescue operation in Uttarakhand were received late on the night of June 29 at the CDFD for identification by DNA analysis.
"The individual identifications have been completed by the morning of July 1, by matching of the individual DNA profiles with those of the relatives," a CDFD release said.
Four personnel of ITBP and three of NDRF were identified and the respective agencies have been informed so that the mortal remains can be handed over to their families, it said.
CDFD has also done DNA profiling of relatives of several other deceased personnel in the crash, so that if additional mortal remains are recovered their identification by DNA analysis can be completed, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official