Chopper crash: Uttarakhand CM announces Rs 10 lakh compensation
Dehradun: Expressing grief over the loss of lives in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of security personnel killed in the mishap.
"I am deeply saddened at the unfortunate incident of a chopper crash which killed security personnel engaged in rescue operations in flood-hit areas of the state."
"A compensation of Rs 10 lakh will be given to the next of kin of those who lost their lives in the crash," he said.
At least 20 people, including Air Force and paramilitary personnel, were on Tuesday feared killed when a sophisticated IAF helicopter crashed in bad weather near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand during rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers