Chopper crash: Uttarakhand CM announces Rs 10 lakh compensation
Dehradun: Expressing grief over the loss of lives in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of security personnel killed in the mishap.
"I am deeply saddened at the unfortunate incident of a chopper crash which killed security personnel engaged in rescue operations in flood-hit areas of the state."
"A compensation of Rs 10 lakh will be given to the next of kin of those who lost their lives in the crash," he said.
At least 20 people, including Air Force and paramilitary personnel, were on Tuesday feared killed when a sophisticated IAF helicopter crashed in bad weather near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand during rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!