Chopper crash: Uttarakhand CM announces Rs 10 lakh compensation
Dehradun: Expressing grief over the loss of lives in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of security personnel killed in the mishap.
"I am deeply saddened at the unfortunate incident of a chopper crash which killed security personnel engaged in rescue operations in flood-hit areas of the state."
"A compensation of Rs 10 lakh will be given to the next of kin of those who lost their lives in the crash," he said.
At least 20 people, including Air Force and paramilitary personnel, were on Tuesday feared killed when a sophisticated IAF helicopter crashed in bad weather near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand during rescue operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India