Chopper crash: Uttarakhand CM announces Rs 10 lakh compensation
Dehradun: Expressing grief over the loss of lives in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of security personnel killed in the mishap.
"I am deeply saddened at the unfortunate incident of a chopper crash which killed security personnel engaged in rescue operations in flood-hit areas of the state."
"A compensation of Rs 10 lakh will be given to the next of kin of those who lost their lives in the crash," he said.
At least 20 people, including Air Force and paramilitary personnel, were on Tuesday feared killed when a sophisticated IAF helicopter crashed in bad weather near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand during rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?